Why Invest in Uganda
Investing in Uganda
Uganda offers an exceptional opportunity for your business in the heart of Africa. Located almost in the center of the widespread African Market, Uganda is already the preferred home of several leading Global Corporations and International Organizations. Uganda is one of the fastest growing economies (+6%) and one of the most liberal countries for foreign investment in Africa. A place where opportunities for business are plenty, it is an ideal place to set up a bridgehead to access Africa. Uganda Investment Authority provides pro-active assistance in all aspects for investing in Uganda.
Uganda entrusts to you the decision to choose which industry to invest in. Because the country's economy is still young, the potential and the choice of investment opportunities is much wider for the prospective investor than would be the case in more developed economies.
Uganda's existing comparative advantage is heavily concentrated in agriculture, forestry and mineral resources and their primary processing.
The identified potential investment opportunities are based on the availability of domestic natural resources and intermediaries, the existence of surplus domestic labour, the good market prospects, the "high value low transport costs" to export markets as well as the relative competitive advantage of Uganda vis a vis her main trading partners in the region.
For further information, visit the links below:
- Uganda Investment Authority www.ugandainvest.go.ug
- Uganda Manufacturers Association www.uma.org.ug
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics
- Uganda Privatisation Unit
- Ministry of Trade www.mtic.go.ug
- Uganda Small scale Industries Association, http://ussia.org/
- Ebiz portal: the one stop centre; https://www.ebiz.go.ug/