WIPO Global Awards 2024
Who can apply?
- The contest is open to SMEs and start-ups located in one of WIPO's 193 Member States.
- Read the Rules of the Competition for full details: https://www.wipo.int/global-awards/en/how-to-apply.html
- Finalists and winners receive international promotion, recognition, and visibility through various platforms.
- Winners are invited to attend the awards ceremony and other networking events in Geneva, Switzerland. Travel expenses covered.
- Winners are provided a personalized mentorship program.
Application Period: January 15 - March 31
WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (WIPO)
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is the global forum for intellectual property (IP) services, policy, information and cooperation. We are a self-funding agency of the United Nations, with 193 member states.
Our mission is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international IP system that enables innovation and creativity for the benefit of all. Our mandate, governing bodies and procedures are set out in the WIPO Convention, which established WIPO in 1967.
WIPO’s member states determine the direction, budget and activities of the Organization through the decision-making bodies. We currently have 193 member states.
- a member of the Paris Union for the Protection of Industrial Property, or member of the Berne Union for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works; or
- a member of the United Nations, or of any of the United Nations' Specialized Agencies, or of the International Atomic Energy Agency, or that is a party to the Statute of the International Court of Justice; or
- invited by the WIPO General Assembly to become a member state of the Organization.
Uganda signed the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) Patent Law Treaty in 2000 but has yet to ratify it.